Five Steps to Enhance Workplace Productivity (Infographic)
Workplace productivity is determined by the happiness of your employees and their surroundings. Take a look at this infographic to learn some tips to keeping productivity high!
Check out our specials on furniture here!
Things to Consider
- Your company needs a motivated workforce for your business to succeed!
- Incentives and bonuses are great but may not be enough to inspire your employees to want to work.
- Increasing amounts of research show that efficient and inviting office spaces have a significant impact on productivity, creativity, and engagement.
- According to Genler’s 2013 U.S. Workplace Survey, only 1 in 4 U.S. workers are in optimal workplace environments.
- The Office for National Statistics states that productivity is key in measuring the economic efficiency and growth of your business.
Five Steps to Create a More Productive Workplace
1. Furniture Facelift Thought: An ergonomic environment can improve worker productivity by up to 11%.
- Ergonomics – An applied science that coordinates the design of devices, systems, and physical working conditions with the capacities and requirements of the worker.
- This can lead to negative health conditions, including musculoskeletal disorders such as carpel tunnel syndrome.
- Invest in quality furniture.
- This can save you money on insurance and reduce the number of sick days.
- Provide different options for workstations by replacing office furniture.
- Large tables and open spaces can inspire creativity and collaboration.
- Smaller desks with lots of privacy can create a distraction-free workspace.
2. Brighten Things Up Thought: Integrate as much natural lighting as possible!
- You will notice the increase in productivity and decrease in electric bills.
- Artificial and dim lighting can cause eye strain and headaches.
- Fluorescent lighting reduces the ability to focus on the computer screen.
- Increase the number of glass walls and decrease the number of cubicles.
3. Smart Arrangements
Thought: How do the departments in your office interact? Fact: Each department utilizes a different style of communication to get work done accurately and efficiently.
- Workspace layouts should adapt to the workers, not the other way around.
Action: Innovative, task-specific work stations can be a great alternative to structured cubicles.
- Create a space that reflects your corporate culture (e.g., autonomy and flexibility).
- Provide workspace options that accommodate different personalities and work styles.
4. Solid Storage Thought: Adequate storage is a crucial part of efficiency and workflow. Fact: On average, an employee will spend more than four hours each week trying to locate necessary documents. Action: Update the organization and accessibility of your filing systems.
- Storage needs vary by industry and department and must therefore be task-specific.
5. Innovative Extras Value Employee Opinions
- Include employees in the design process.
- Get employee opinions on optimal layouts for each department.
Promote a Healthy Balance
- Show employees that you care about their well-being.
- Provide a lounge area, a coffee bar, or exercise equipment.
- Encourage family time; discourage excessive overtime.
Attract New Talent
- Updating your office space can maximize your current talent as well as attract and retain new talent.
- An inviting interior can give your company a competitive edge in recruiting.
--- At a Glance: The percentage of time spent in the office during an average 40-hour work week % of Time in the Office 0-49% 50-74% 75-99% 100% 4% of People 15% 14% 36% 35% --- Brought to you by San Diego Office and Modular Design | www.sd-office.com --- Resources: http://www.business2community.com/strategy/simple-steps-improving-productivity-office-01016952 http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/human%20engineering http://www.forbes.com/sites/thesba/2013/02/22/5-elements-of-a-highly-productive-office http://www.forbes.com/sites/hesterlacey/2014/04/28/8-tips-for-creating-an-office-space-that-makes-people-want-to-come-to-work http://www.trendreports.com/article/motivate-employee-productivity http://cpmonesource.com/10-efficiency-tips-for-space-planning-your-office http://www.fastcompany.com/3005976/your-offices-fluorescent-lights-really-are-draining-your-will-work http://www.gensler.com/uploads/documents/2013_US_Workplace_Survey_07_15_2013.pdf http://www.bls.gov/tus/charts/ http://mashable.com/2011/08/01/office-design-tips http://www.inc.com/ss/jessica-stillman/10-office-design-tips-foster-creativity http://www.allbusiness.com/8-office-decorating-tips/15617190.html http://epiclaunch.com/10-tips-for-setting-up-your-small-business%E2%80%99s-office
Reader Comments (0)
You must login to post comments.